Tuesday 6 December 2011

My individual job roles :D

As we've assigned all our roles now, I can look into exactly what I need to do for each of my jobs and start coming up with ideas, or things that I specifically need to do for my role!

Storyboard artist: So even though i'm a terrible drawer, i've been picked to do the storyboarding for our film. I thought about different ways in which we could present our storyboard and i've decided that I will draw out an initial storyboard, and if the drawing isn't up to a high standard I may collaborate with another student or friend that I know is good at drawing to draw the shots for us - therefore when we come to film our thriller opening it will be much more organised and we will get it done a lot quicker as we will understand exactly what to do! Another idea I came up with is that we could go to the setting where we plan to film our opening and take pictures for each shot, this will give us a deeper understanding of exactly what our setting is like and any restrictions we may have with the setting. It will also help the lighting and set designer to plan exactly what they need before shooting!

Director: In my role of director I will be telling the actors what to do, where to stand and what to say during each scene. I will have to use the script to enable me to direct each scene and I will need to use the storyboard to help me direct the scenes too. I'm unsure of who is writing the script as that was not one of the roles we assigned, due to this we will probably work as a group to write it! To complete my role well I will need to know the script well and what each person is supposed to be doing in each shot, therefore I will need to listen closely to the rest of the groups ideas throughout the process and filming, also I will need to work with the lighting director and sound director and whoever is filming to direct each scene as we want it to be filmed!

Costume design: I asked to be the costume designer as I think sometimes when I'm analysing a piece of media I don't feel like I fully grasp the use of costume in it. So I think by actually designing the costumes to connote certain things or portray characters in a certain way, I will have a greater understanding of the use of costume in the media! To fulfil my role I think I will make a short character profile for each character, outlining who they are, age, gender, and what their role is in the story, and also how we want the audience to see them. Once i've done this I will come up with ideas for the costume they can wear, then supply the costume!

Make-up: I think doing make-up ties in with my role of costume designer nicely, as once again it will enable me to understand the use of make up in the media. I will need to work with the lighting designer to decide on certain types of make up, and go through the storyboard to see what make up each individual character will need.

I think now I will be able to focus on exactly what I need to do for each of my roles, and work with the rest of the group to get some ideas from them and see what they're doing in their roles that can help me! :D

Byyyyeeee x

No comments:

Post a Comment