Friday 14 December 2012

Editing

Today I carried on editing on my own as Carla was attending a University interview. I finished cropping the shots so that they're all in the right places and at the right time. I also edited the audio so that we have one less chorus, so I had to rearrange the footage around that. I encountered a real problem with the shots where the couples are getting in Amber and Maxes way.


The problem I had was that the shots were out of time with each other. We filmed Maxes shot without music to guide us so we naturally sped up on that shot, making it out of time with Ambers shot. The way I got around this was that I chopped both of their shots so that they come in one at a time. Like this:



This helped a lot because it meant I could crop Maxes shot to be in time with the lyrics but also the beat. Seeing as we are constantly editing in time to the beat, it is essential that we keep our shots in time all the way through! Overcoming this problem means that we have completed the initial stages of editing. I've made a to-do list of what we need to do now:

-Organise filming to fill in the three shots that we're missing (PRIORITY)
-Change the colour correction on the majority of Amber's shots as they're too dark:

-Precision edit so that there are no gaps between shots, as they interrupt the flow!

-Ancillary tasks:
-Begin the design on the magazine advert: edit photos.
-Work out the words to go on the Magazine advert
-Write song titles for the digi-pak
-Find logos, record labels and 'terms and conditions' info to go on the bottom of the digi-pak.
-Collaborate with Carla to work out where the words will go on both the magazine advert and digi-pak. This needs to be done after we have finalised our design ideas for both.

LOTS of things to be getting on with....

More to follow :)



1 comment: