Tuesday 10 January 2012

Juuuust a little update!

Oooo blueee...
So just thought I would write a little update of whats going on and where we're at and how i'm feeling about the process in general!

I've now finished all my planning and research, although I found analysing previous students work and existing film openings really helpful and interesting so I may analyse a few more and blog them! I feel all the research I've done has helped me in every way to get ready to make our own thriller opening including technical codes and conventions of a stereotypical thriller opening, and how to edit, shoot, direct etc well.
Today we had a pretty major setback as we hadn't actually been told that our deadline for filming was the 20th of January so in our group we were discussing that we could film on the 22nd of January when someone pointed out that the deadline was apparently the 20th. This made us all extremely stressed as we hadn't been told this at all and we would have preferably liked to have been informed at the beginning of the project or earlier than today!! After finding this out we had to rediscuss our entire filming process, and after much consideration and debating we have realised the nearest possible date we can film is the morning of the 21st and the day of the 22nd - we realise this is past the deadline date but unfortunately there is no day before this when we would be able to film.
To ensure our filming goes smoothly and we achieve the quality opening that we want, we did lots of planning for the shooting of our film in class today and discussed everything that needed to be done in depth - I contacted people about possible locations and I contacted people that we would initally like to star in our film, therefore I can start organising what times we need to be at what places in the day to make sure our filming is as productive as possible.
In class I also planned where I would get each piece of the characters costumes from so I can collect all the costumes before filming.

I now need to contact the people we want to act in it again and inform them exactly what we want them to do, at what times and where. I will also need to contact certain people to enquire about the use of their locations (for example we will be using my house, so I need to check with my family. We will be using a friend of ours' barn so need to brief him on what we will be doing) Also I need to make sure all of my job roles are complete, and then complete the planning prior to filming!!

Our storyboard will be up in a few days - IT'S AWESOME!! :D
byeeeeeeeeeee x

No comments:

Post a Comment