Friday 16 November 2012

Planning; ancillary task - CD sleeve

Obviously I need to do some planning for the CD sleeve before I can design it, I won't be planning any of the wording because thats what Ruby is going to be doing!! 










For the inside I think I'll use a base colour using a brush on photoshop then perhaps use a variety of different downloaded brushes to create a tree and vines coming down from it - I then have the idea of taking silhouette photographs of both Amber and Max and having them either side of the tree. The bottom most foldout will be the roots of the tree which I think will look really interesting. On this fold Ruby is going to create a band biography which we can add on top of the design!

For the outside folds of the CD sleeve Ruby and I thought for the 'front' cover it would be interesting to have trees and leaves around the outside and then in the middle it would be a cream background with the band and song name in font that connotes vines and leaves. I'm really keen on this idea so will probably do this with brushes again. For 3 of the folds we are going to have photos of Amber and Max against a tree and leaf background  -  I've actually already taken these photos and will upload them when I'm on my laptop. They look really good and I think they will go with the rest of the CD package. 

I really want to get onto photoshop and start designing now - I'm going to continuously update blogger on how it's going with some screen grabs and i'll talk through exactly what I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment