Wednesday 14 November 2012

Research; ancillary tasks - CD cover

Finally we are back from America!! We're straight back into work, but unfortunately although we had planned to film yesterday - we hadn't really thought out how completely shattered we would be from our trip and our journey home and so there was no possible way we would have been able to film and direct 10 people!!!

However I'm now going to start looking at the ancillary tasks and so hopefully will have these both completely finished by the end of next week. 

Firstly I'm going to research, design and create the CD cover before moving onto the magazine advert. 

To begin this design and creating process I firstly want to look at some existing CD covers to get an idea of some designs and also some techniques used to target certain audiences.

I thought it would be a good idea, and quite interesting to look at a CD cover of 'The Hush Sound' which is the band's song that we are using for our music video, although I have actually already created a few designs which I will put up on blogger later, it was really interesting to see that their album cover had quite a few similar ideas to me for our cover!



I've then decided to look at a CD cover from a band from the same genre as 'The Hush Sound' perhaps with a slightly younger audience but still a similar audience.




Lastly I decided to look at a 'Mumm-ra' album cover, again this is from a similar genre, but again perhaps a slightly older target audience. 


So I've taken some really good ideas from each of these album covers, and really just want to get on with designing and creating my album cover now!!

1 comment:

  1. Something weird has happened to the images in this (and the one before). Can you try to upload them again.....

    ReplyDelete