Friday 19 October 2012

Planning; costume for extras

I'm not going to plan every single extra's costume, however there is a theme I want them to stick too, so the sooner I let them know the sort of thing I'd like them to wear, the more ready we can be!
We've yet to sit down with all the extras and ask them to be in our music video so I think a really useful thing we can do is to create a private facebook group where we can ask them all at once and let them know the dates they are needed and what they will be doing - we can also keep them updated to when they are needed. I think this is possibly the best way of keeping in direct contact with them all and being organised as a group - I think I'll OK this with Ruby then create it over the weekend.

So for the costume I think it would be a really good idea to stick with a certain theme or style. 
After looking at our main characters costume and what I gained from costume research and audience research I would like the extras to wear fashionable quirky outfits - more so the girls than the boys. Also to fit with the season we are filming in I would like the outfits to revolve around white, orange, and red for the girls, and for the boys dark colours - perhaps more green and blues. I don't mind too much if they don't stick to the colours however I feel it's better to have a vague style then to tell them to wear whatever they want. 

I'll create a facebook page and tell them all the information this weekend and post a few screen shots of the outcome!!


No comments:

Post a Comment