Wednesday 10 October 2012

Research; my job roles

I've decided to look into my specific job roles a little further, this will help me understand exactly what I need to plan for in each job role and so can go on to those jobs immediately!
Although we do have specific roles, Ruby and I often work closely together (like in our thriller project) as we like to bounce ideas off of each other and help each other out to make the most of our project and I think we'd like to input ideas into each others jobs in this situation aswell!!

Storyboard artist: So of course part of this role has already been fulfilled! Again Ruby and I worked closely on it, mostly swapping who was drawing and who was writing. This role is so important as it's the basis of the planning and also it helps a huge amount with the filming and organising on the day.
To do list: * create photograph storyboard
                  * create animated storyboard so photos go with music

Director: I have worked as a director before in media, however I think this project will be so much harder as our music video is very specific down to every 4 beats and so every shot needs to be timed perfectly, especially since we are having the same thing happening to both the boy and the girl - it needs to be so well rehearsed and therefore my job is going to be hard as I need to make sure everyone in that shot knows what they need to do, when and how!
To do list: * Make sure I know exactly what each shot entails and what needs to go on in each shot

Editing: Although I've touched on editing before, I have never worked with final cut which is very daunting! I've done certain techniques on imovie but I wouldn't say I'm skilled in editing, so editing part of the music video will be such a challenge for me; especially considering how perfect the editing must be in our video. I plan to use the internet and more specifically youtube to look for final cut tutorials as this seems to be the best way to pick up techniques for editing.
To do list: * Research different editing techniques via youtube and the internet

Sound design: So for sound design I will basically be making sure we apply to use the song, and then making sure it's edited so it fits the video perfectly and has a high sound quality!
To do list: * Get copyright to use the song, ask if we can have permission to put it on youtube
                  * Edit song to take last chorus out

Set locator: Set locator is pretty self explanatory, it's finding the locations that are suitable for our music video - luckily we've already done this and it was really easy, we needed somewhere that we have access to two houses close to each other, that when you walk halfway between them it ends up in a field... you would think that this would be an extremely specific and difficult place to find, but it turns out my mum and dad live about 5 minutes away from each other, and when you walk halfway in between it takes you to hardwick heath; a huge open field like space!!
To do list: * Go onto the heath and plan out exactly where everything will happen

Costume and make-up: As costume is one of my roles it will be my responsibility to research appropriate costumes and then to find out if our actors have anything similar that they can wear. The costumes need to fit with the character personas, the music video mood, the song mood (if it links with the video) and needs to be relatable for the audience!! As make-up I will basically need to do the same thing but with make-up!!
To do list: * Create character backgrounds for our girl and boy
                  * Research into those types of characters
                  * Create costumes for characters

No comments:

Post a Comment